Steve Abel & The Chrysalids - Flax Happy album flac
- Album: Flax Happy
- FLAC: 1667 mb | MP3: 1907 mb
- Released: 2009
- Style: Alternative Rock, Acoustic, Pop Rock
- Rating: 4.2/5
- Votes: 618
- Format: MOD DMF DXD MPC MP2 MIDI DTS
Tracklist Hide Credits
|5||Cinders Of The Sun
Featuring – Jolie Holland
|8||Flax Happy (Anomie)||4:33|
|9||Pin Of Love (Ka Pinea Koe)
Featuring – Anika Moa
Featuring – Alan Pitts
|12||Heart Of Misery
Featuring – Jolie Holland
- Copyright (c) – Steve Abel
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Kin'sland Records
- Recorded At – 'The Brick Bee' Roundhead
- Recorded At – The Lab Recording Studio
- Recorded At – The Surgery, Wellington, New Zealand
- Recorded At – York Street Studios
- Recorded At – Audioworkshop
- Recorded At – Montage Studios
- Mixed At – Audioworkshop
- Mixed At – York Street Studios
- Mixed At – The Lab Recording Studio
- Mixed At – Montage Studios
- Pressed By – Stebbing Recording Centre Ltd. – 7440A
- Design [Cover], Artwork [Packaging], Artwork – Nick Eagles
- Double Bass, Backing Vocals [Backing Voice] – Mike Hall
- Drums, Percussion, Backing Vocals [Backing Voice] – Milan Borich
- Electric Guitar, Backing Vocals [Backing Voice] – Geoff Maddock
- Keyboards, Piano, Accordion, Backing Vocals [Backing Voice] – Gareth Thomas
- Lyrics By [Thanks To For Lyric] – Nandor Tanczos
- Mastered By – Chris Winchcomb* (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 13)
- Mastered By [Rough-mastered] – Jol* (tracks: 7)
- Mixed By – Dale Cotton (tracks: 5, 10), Jol Mulholland* (tracks: 7, 12), Justin Maundsley* (tracks: 9), Nick Abbott (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8, 11, 13)
- Music By [Melody] – Steve Abel (tracks: 9)
- Photography By – Penny Kerr
- Photography By [Assisted By] – Duncan Cole
- Recorded By – Dale Cotton (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 9, 11), Jeremy McPike (tracks: 13), Jol Mulholland* (tracks: 10), Lee Prebble (tracks: 5, 12)
- Recorded By [Assisted By] – Jordan Stone (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 9, 11), Murray Grindlay, Olly Harmer (tracks: 10)
- Saw [Musical Saw] – Alan Pitts
- Songwriter [Songs By] – Steve Abel (tracks: 1 to 8, 10 to 13)
- Vocals [Backing Voice] – Ben King
- Vocals [Singing] – Anika Moa
- Vocals [Singing], Acoustic Guitar – Steve Abel
- Vocals [Singing], Violin – Jolie Holland
NotesTracks 1-4, 6-9 & 11 Recorded on 2 and 3 july 2007 at 'The Brick Bee' Roundhead in Auckland.
Track 10 Recorded one eve in 2006 at The Lab in Mt Eden.
Tracks 5 & 12 Recorded one afternoon in November 2006 at The Surgery in Wellington.
Track 13 Recorded on 28 April 2002 at York Street in Parnell.
Additional Vocal Overdubs and Edits at Audioworks, Epsom Ave and Montage and Jol's place in Maungawhau.
Tracks 1-4, 6, 8, 11 & 13 Mixed at Whitehorse Lane in London.
Tracks 5 & 10 Mixed at Audioworks in Dunedin.
Track 9 Mixed at York Street.
Tracks 7 & 12 at The Lab and Montage in Grey Lynn.
Tracks 1-6 & 8-13 Mastered at York Street.
Track 7 Rough-Mastered by Jol.
All songs © ℗ Steve Abel / Kin'sland Reords 2008 except: Pin Of Love (Ka Pine Koe), traditional Te Reo Maori lyrics - courtesy of P.H. Tomoana descendants/melody by Steve Abel.
Julie Holland appears courtesy of ANTI-Records. Anika Moa appears courtesy of EMI. Geoff Maddock appears courtesy of Siren Records. Milan Borich and Mike Hall appear courtesy of Slow Rodriguez Records / EMI. Gareth Thomas appears courtesy of Limpet Records.
In digifile sleeve with fold-out 8-panel insert.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 9 421024 213008
- Matrix / Runout: STEBBING IFPI P801 KR002 7440A
- Mould SID Code: IFPI P801
Sally - Steve Abel, The Chrysalids. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией.
Latest video from forthcoming album Flax Happy.
Tomoana descendants/melody by Steve Abel. Julie Holland appears courtesy of ANTI-Records. Anika Moa appears courtesy of EMI. Geoff Maddock appears courtesy of Siren Records. Milan Borich and Mike Hall appear courtesy of Slow Rodriguez Records, EMI. Gareth Thomas appears courtesy of Limpet Records. In digifile sleeve with fold-out 8-panel insert.
Get the Tempo of the tracks from Flax Happy (2008) by Steve Abel & The Chrysalids. BPM Profile Flax Happy. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Get the Tempo of more than 6 Million songs.
FLAX HAPPY by Steve Abel, released 22 May 2008 1. Sally 2. Haven 3. Lonely Babylon 4. Sad Girls 5. Cinders of the Sun 6. Deborah 7. Flax Happy (Anomie) 8. Crushed Ants 9. Pin of Love (Ka Pinea Koe) 10. Gone 11. Anomie Reprise 12. Heart of Misery 13. Frail der wundervolle neuseeländische Americanista Abel.
Steve Abel, The Chrysalids: best 2 tracks. The Chrysalids - Don't Wait At The Gates For Me Neither Love Nor Money, 2012 04:26. Steve Abel, The Chrysalids - Anomie Reprise Flax Happy, 2008 01:44. Artist: The Chrysalids Steve Abel.
Listen to music from Steve Abel & The Chrysalids like Haven, Sally & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Steve Abel & The Chrysalids. His debut album Little Death was described as "a hidden treasure in the New Zealand music scene," and Abel was labelled "an extraordinarily good songwriter" by the Alternatui Awards when Little Death was awarded Album of the Year in 2006. Listening to these songs is like viewing pictures in a gallery. NZ Musician Magazine.
By Steve Abel, The Chrysalids. Listen to Flax Happy in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Abel’s second album Flax Happy, featured the same band as his debut under the name The Chrysalids (after the 1955 novel by John Wyndham). It was recorded mainly at Roundhead Studios by Dale Cotton in July 2007. Flax Happy was released in 2008 (NZ) and 2009 (UK) to critical acclaim in both territories. Journalist Graham Reid described Abel as, A refined writer whose lyrics have a bone-bare quality – the sound of someone writing and singing from a place where there is no guile, just hard truth and clear eyes. Having moved to live in Geneva in 2008, and encouraged by fellow musician Delaney Davidson, Abel entered and won The Saddest Song in the World Competition in Berlin in May 2009.