Duke Ellington Orchestra / Count Basie Orchestra - First Time! The Count Meets The Duke album flac
- Album: First Time! The Count Meets The Duke
- FLAC: 1588 mb | MP3: 1580 mb
- Country: US
- Style: Big Band, Swing
- Rating: 4.3/5
- Votes: 674
- Format: DMF WAV MP4 AC3 AUD AAC VQF
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Battle Royal (From The United Artists Release "Paris Blues")
Written-By – Duke EllingtonWritten-By, Piano – Billy Strayhorn
Written-By – Thad Jones
|A3||Take The "A" Train
Written-By – Billy Strayhorn
|A4||Until I Met You
Written-By – Don Wolf, Freddie Green
|B1||Wild Man (From The United Artists Release "Paris Blues")
Written-By – Duke Ellington
|B2||Segue In C
Written-By – Frank Wess
|B3||B D B
Written-By – Billy Strayhorn, Duke Ellington
|B4||Jumpin' At The Woodside
Written-By – Count Basie
- Remastered At – CBS Studios, New York
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Distributed By – CBS Records
- Distributed By – CBS Disques S.A.
- Remastered At – CBS Studios, New York
- Alto Saxophone – Johnny Hodges, Marshal Royal*
- Alto Saxophone, Reeds – Russell Procope
- Baritone Saxophone – Charlie Fowlkes, Harry Carney
- Bass – Aaron Bell (tracks: A1 to A2, A4, B1, B4), Eddie Jones (tracks: A2 to A4, B2 to B4)
- Clarinet – Jimmy Hamilton
- Drums – Sam Woodyard (tracks: A1, A3, B2, B3), Sonny Payne (tracks: A2, A4, B2, B4)
- Engineer – Tim Geelan
- Flute, Tenor Saxophone, Reeds – Frank Wess
- Guitar – Freddie Green
- Liner Notes – George T. Simon, Stanley Dance
- Orchestra – Count Basie Orchestra, The Duke Ellington Orchestra*
- Piano – Count Basie (tracks: A1 to A2, A4, B4), Duke Ellington (tracks: A1, A3 to B4)
- Producer – Teo Macero
- Remastered By – Vlado Meller
- Tambourine – Juan Tizol (tracks: B2)
- Tenor Saxophone – Budd Johnson, Frank Foster, Paul Gonsalves
- Trombone – Benny Powell, Henry Coker, Lawrence Brown, Louis Blackburn*, Quentin Jackson
- Trumpet – Cat Anderson, Eddie Mullens*, Snooky Young*, Fats Ford, Lonnie Johnson , Sonny Cohn, Thad Jones, Willie Cook
- Trumpet, Violin – Ray Nance
- Valve Trombone – Juan Tizol
NotesMade in Holland (undated)
Digitally remixed by Tim Geelan - Remastered by Vlado Meller
2-fold + spine insert printed both sides with credits. Black plastic boxed, black printed purple paper labelled Chrome cassette, with transparent amorce tape
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5099745050949
- Label Code: LC 0149
- Price Code: CB 431
- Price Code (in a circle): 53
- Other: Chrome EQ 120µ Sec
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Other (inner spine bottom): 01-450509-30
|CL 1715||Duke Ellington And Count Basie||Duke Ellington And Count Basie - First Time! The Count Meets The Duke (LP, Album, Mono)||Columbia||CL 1715||US||1962|
|CS 8515||Duke Ellington And Count Basie||Duke Ellington And Count Basie - First Time! The Count Meets The Duke (LP, Album, RP)||Columbia||CS 8515||US||1963|
|BPG 62102||Duke Ellington And Count Basie||Duke Ellington And Count Basie - Battle Royal - The Duke Meets The Count (LP, Album, Mono)||CBS||BPG 62102||UK||1962|
|600.010||Duke Ellington And Count Basie||Duke Ellington And Count Basie - First Time! The Count Meets The Duke (LP, Album)||CBS Especial||600.010||Brazil||1979|
|1115 4397, EMB 31055||Count Basie And Duke Ellington||Count Basie And Duke Ellington - Basie Meets Ellington (LP, Album)||Supraphon, Embassy||1115 4397, EMB 31055||Czechoslovakia||1988|
In 1935, Basie formed his own jazz orchestra, the Count Basie Orchestra, and in 1936 took them to Chicago for a long engagement and their first recording
Count Basie Orchestra: все альбомы, включая All that Jazz, Vol. 118: Basie's Broadcast from Berlin, Milestones of a Legend: Sammy Davis J. Vol. 6, All About That Basie и другие.
Купите на выгодных условиях!
The Duke and his band accentuate their swinging dance band side, while Basie and company have never sounded as suave and exotic as when playing Billy Strayhorn arrangements. Everyone has a good time, and that joy infuses this album from start to finish. Count Basie, Duke Ellington.
Count Basie Orchestra heard in the left channel.
First Time! The Count Meets the Duke (with Duke Ellington) (1961, Columbia). The Legend (1961, Roulette). Count Basie/Sarah Vaughan (with Sarah Vaughan) (1961, Roulette). Joe Williams and the Count Basie Orchestra (1993, Telarc). Live at Manchester Craftsmen's Guild: The Count Basie Orchestra (1997, Blue Jackel). At Long Last (with Rosemary Clooney) (1998, Concord). Count Plays Duke (1998, MAMA). Swing Shift (1999, MAMA).
First Time! The Count Meets The Duke - Count Basie, Duke Ellington. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве.
The Duke Ellington Orchestra, Johnny Hodges – Blood Count. Duke Ellington & Count Basie – To You (1961). Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra – Blood Count. Duke Ellington, Count Basie & His Orchestra – Until I Met You. 2:54. Duke Ellington & Count Basie Orchestras – To You (The First Time, Columbia). Duke Ellington & His Orchestra – Rockin' in Rhythm. Count Basie, Duke Ellington – Take the A Train. Duke Ellington, Count Basie – Until I Met You. 4:52.
The Count Basie Orchestra is a 16 to 18 piece big band, one of the most prominent jazz performing groups of the swing era, founded by Count Basie in 1935 and recording regularly from 1936. Despite a brief disbandment at the beginning of the 1950s, the band survived long past the Big Band era itself and the death of Basie in 1984. It continues as a 'ghost band'.
Artist: Duke Ellington. Album: First Time! The Count Meets the Duke, 1999. Classic Mood Experience The best masterpieces ever recorded in the music history. In 1935, Basie formed his own jazz orchestra, the Count Basie Orchestra, and in 1936 took them to Chicago for a long engagement and their first recording. He led the group for almost 50 years, creating innovations like the use of two "split" tenor saxophones, emphasizing the rhythm section, riffing with a big band, using arrangers to broaden their sound, and others.