Son Volt - The Search album flac
Tracklist Hide Credits
Saxophone – Chris DeusingerTrumpet – Keith Moyer
|8||Adrenaline And Heresy|
Acoustic Guitar [Acoustic Nashville Guitar] – Shannon McNallyGuitar [Pedal Steel] – Eric Heywood
|13||Highways And Cigarettes
Backing Vocals – Shannon McNallyGuitar [Pedal Steel] – Eric Heywood
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Son Volt Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Son Volt Inc.
- Distributed By – Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Artwork By – Josh Cheuse, Michael Joo
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Andrew Duplantis
- Drums, Percussion – Dave Bryson
- Edited By [Digital Editing] – Steve Fallone
- Engineer [Assistance] – Cody Renaldo
- Engineer [Mixing Assistance] – Jason McEntire (tracks: 2 to 13), Nathan Hershey (tracks: 1, 14), Ross Vanderslice (tracks: 1, 14)
- Guitar [Electric, Baritone, E-bow], Sitar [Electric] – Brad Rice
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Mixed By – John Agnello (tracks: 2 to 13), Roger Moutenot (tracks: 1, 14)
- Piano, Organ, Keyboards – Derry deBorja*
- Recorded By – John Agnello, Scott Norton
- Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Bouzouki [Electric] – Jay Farrar
- Written-By – Jay Farrar
NotesRecorded in St. Louis, MO.
Tracks 2-13 mixed at Sawhorse Recording Studio, St. Louis, MO.
Tracks 1 + 14 mixed at Phat Buddha Productions, St. Louis, MO.
Mastered at Sterling Sound with Digital Editing at Sterling Sound, New York, NY.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 8697-03232-2 2
- Barcode (Scanned): 886970323222
- Label Code: LC 02361
|88697 03232 2||Son Volt||The Search (CD, Album, Promo)||Transmit Sound||88697 03232 2||US||2007|
|none||Son Volt||The Search (CDr, Album, Promo)||Transmit Sound, Legacy||none||US||2007|
|TS2018CD||Son Volt||The Search (2xCD, Album, Dlx, RE, Dig)||Transmit Sound, Thirty Tigers||TS2018CD||US||2018|
|88697 03232 2 | 88697 06114 2||Son Volt||The Search (CD, Album, Jew + CD, EP, Ltd, Sle)||Transmit Sound, Legacy||88697 03232 2 | 88697 06114 2||US||2007|
|88697 03232 2||Son Volt||The Search (CD, Album)||Transmit Sound, Legacy||88697 03232 2||Canada||2007|
Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
Son Volt performing at The Mystic Theater - Petaluma, California on March 31st, 2007.
Album · 2007 · 22 Songs.
It was released March 6, 2007.
Profile: American alternative country band founded in 1994 in St. Louis, Missouri.
Transmit Sound, Legacy. warped, off-center, poorly cut (edge & spindle) and noisier than i prefer on seven of the twenty two tracks. remastering is good on par with the 2007 release Son Volt - On Chant And Strum (which is also noisy - as we've come to expect United Record Pressing). Reply Notify me Helpful. referencing On Chant And Strum, 2xLP, Album, 180, 83 1. Great set. Being reissued on color vinyl, sea foam green, April 5th.
But once again, like most Son Volt albums, it loses track in the middle. You have songs like Adrealine & Heresy, which sounds like Jay trying to do some Beatles melody with his voice. It doesn't work out too well, and sounds like a leftover from the band's worse album, Straightaways.
Although writing for this album began the moment the last was put to bed, the transition is more diverse than its predecessor. An array of instruments pin each song around a specific sound, bringing more of a correlation between this body of work and Farrar’s experimental solo material than Sun Volt’s previous offerings.
Other albums by Son Volt. The 99. American Central Dust. 1 Slow Hearse Son Volt 2:27. 2 The Picture Son Volt 3:23. 3 Action Son Volt 2:43.
Or consider a donation? Six Organs of Admittance. Shelter From The Ash. Track List.