Duke Ellington And His Orchestra - The Treasury Shows Vol.21 album flac
- Album: The Treasury Shows Vol.21
- FLAC: 1850 mb | MP3: 1205 mb
- Released: 2016
- Style: Big Band
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Votes: 662
- Format: DXD MPC MP2 VQF DMF WAV AU
|1-1||Take The "A" Train||0:47|
|1-4||Duke Ellington Bond Promo||1:10|
|1-5||Laughin' On The Outside||3:42|
|1-6||Take The "A" Train||0:23|
|1-7||Take The "A" Train||0:41|
|1-9||Teardrops In The Rain||3:02|
|1-10||I'm Just A Lucky So-And-So||3:51|
|1-11||Duke Ellington Bond Promo||1:15|
|1-12||Metronome All Out||4:45|
|1-13||Just A-Sittin' And A-Rockin'||3:48|
|1-14||One O'Clock Jump||4:14|
|1-15||Things Ain't What They Used To Be||3:18|
|1-17||Take The "A" Train||0:59|
|2-1||Take The "A" Train||0:50|
|2-2||Jump For Joy||3:17|
|2-3||A Gathering In A Clearing||2:50|
|2-4||Duke Ellington Bond Promo||1:10|
|2-5||Come Rain Or Come Shine||3:13|
|2-6||Suddendly It Jumped||2:47|
|2-7||Take The "A" Train||0:20|
|a||Black And Tan Fantasy|
|b||In A Sentimental Mood|
|d||I'm Beginning To See The Light|
|h||I Let A Song Out Of My Heart|
|i||Don't Get Around Much Anymore|
|2-9||Duke Ellington Bond Promo||1:13|
|2-11||Just You, Just Me||3:57|
|2-12||You Don't Love Me No More||4:00|
|2-14||Duke Ellington Bond Promo||1:03|
|2-16||Take The "A" Train||2:31|
|2-17||Swing Shifters Swing||3:09|
|2-18||Altitude (Main Steam)||3:05|
- Alto Saxophone – Johnny Hodges, Otto Hardwick (tracks: 1-1 to 1-24, 2-18 to 18-24)
- Alto Saxophone, Clarinet – Russell Procope (tracks: 1-1 to 1-14, 2-1 to 2-14)
- Baritone Saxophone, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet – Harry Carney
- Bass – Junior Raglin (tracks: 1-17 to 1-24, 2-18 to 2-25), Oscar Pettiford (tracks: 1-1 to 1-14, 2-1 to 2-15)
- Clarinet – Barney Bigard (tracks: 2-16 to 2-18)
- Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone – Chauncey Houghton* (tracks: 1-15 to 1-17)
- Cornet – Rex Stewart (tracks: 1-17 to 1-24, 2-18 to 2-24)
- Drums – Sonny Greer
- Guitar – Fred Guy
- Piano, Arranged By – Billy Strayhorn
- Piano, Arranged By, Leader – Duke Ellington
- Producer – Jerry Valburn
- Tenor Saxophone – Al Sears (tracks: 1-1 to 1-16, 2-1 to 2-17, 2-22 to 2-25), Elmer Williams (tracks: 1-17 to 1-24, 2-18 to 2-21)
- Tenor Saxophone, Clarinet – Jimmy Hamilton
- Trombone – Claude Jones (tracks: 1-1 to 1-14, 2-1 to 2-15), Joe Nanton (tracks: 1-1 to 1-17, 2-16 to 2-18), Lawrence Brown, Wilbur De Paris (tracks: 1-1 to 1-14, 2-1 to 2-15)
- Trumpet – Cat Anderson (tracks: 1-1 to 1-14, 2-1 to 2-14), Francis Williams (tracks: 1-1 to 1-14, 2-1 to 2-15), Harold Baker (tracks: 2-1 to 2-15), Reunald Jones (tracks: 1-4 to 1-14, 2-1 to 2-15), Rex Stewart (tracks: 1-15 to 1-17, 2-16 to 2-18), Shelton Hemphill (tracks: 1-1 to 1-14, 2-1 to 2-15), Taft Jordan (tracks: 1-1 to 1-14, 2-1 to 2-15), Wallace Jones (tracks: 1-15- to 1-17, 2-16 to 2-18)
- Trumpet, Violin – Ray Nance
- Valve Trombone – Juan Tizol (tracks: 1-15 to 1-17, 2-16 to 2-18)
- Voice – Al Hibbler (tracks: 1-5, 1- 10, 2-12), Kay Davis (tracks: 1-8 , 2-5), Ray Nance (tracks: 1-13, 2-2)
NotesTracks 1-1 to 1-14 - Treasury Broadcast No. 41, Million Dollar Theatre, Los Angeles, July 6, 1946 (ABC)
Tracks 1-15 to 1-17 - Broadcast from Lakeside, El Patio Restaurant,Denver, July 14, 1942 (CBS)
Tracks 2-1 to 2-15- Treasury Broadcast No. 42, Orpheum Theatre, San Diego, July 27, 1946 (ABC)
Tracks 2-16 to 2-18 - Broadcast from the Trianon Ballroom,South Gate, Cal. NYC, May 2, 1942(MBS)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 17101 90212 5
Купите на выгодных условиях!
Duke ellington - альбом The treasury shows, vol. 23. Исполнители: Duke ellington, His orchestra. Поделиться с друзьями: 1. Mood indigo. 2. Take the "a" train. 21. Duke ellington bond promo, pt. 3. 1:05.
That the Duke Ellington Orchestra was able to survive was largely as a result of the special exemption it was granted by Petrillo to play a series of radio shows promoting the sale of US Treasury bonds. For, as William McFadden points out in his informative sleeve note, Ellington was in the process of creating three bands in one. There would be a concert band to play his longer "works"; a jazz band boasting some of the best soloists of the day; and a dance band for any survivors of the swing era who still felt like cutting a rug. The embryonic concert band is represented here with "Diminuendo And Crescendo In Blue," as two movements either side of "Transblucency," featuring Kay Davis's marvellous wordless vocal.
1st,1943 - Duke Ellington Performing At A War Bond Rally Tracks 2-10 to 2-15, 2-18 to 2-23 recorded in New York - June 1943 - Treasury Star Parade No. 231 Tracks 2-18 to 2-23 recorded in New York - June 1943 - Treasury Star Parade No. 232 Tracks 2-19, 2-16, 2-17, 2-24 recorded by an unknown.
The Treasury Shows, Vol. 25. 1 2 3 4 5. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Take the a Train, Pt. 1. 01:27. dl. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Boo-Dah. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - What More Can I Say. 03:15. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Frustration. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Basin Street Blues. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Saving Bonds Promo. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Duet.
Duke Ellington more than proved his patriotism by performing for a series of Treasury Shows during World War II, and for a time after, his good will facilitated the sale of war bonds. Ellington fans are fortunate that so many of the programs not only survived intact but were well-recorded. The fidelity of the Hurricane broadcasts is a shade lower than the Treasury series, though it is still very good. Highlights include the bluesy "Way Low" (performed a handful of times but not after 1945), and Juan Tizol's spirited dance number "Around My Heart" heard in its only known performance.
Free download and listen The Treasury Shows, Vol. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Sono 05:21. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Duke Ellington Bond Promo, Pt. 1 01:10. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Laughin' on the Outside 03:41. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Take the "A" Train, Pt. 2 00:23. 3 00:41. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - Teardrops in the Rain 03:01. Duke Ellington & His Orchestra - I'm Just a Lucky so and So 03:50. 2 01:14
Duke Ellington and His Orchestra. The Treasury Shows, Vol. 19, Pt. 2, 2015. Duke Ellington and His Orchestra. Hop, Skip and Jump, 03:00.
Album · 2001 · 46 Songs. Fishing for the Moon. The Very Best of Duke Ellington. See All. 1944-45 Broadcasts (Live). Lionel Hampton and His Orchestra. The Great Summit: The Master Tapes (Remastered).
Artist: Duke Ellington & His Orchestra Genre: Jazz Release Date: 01/27/2017 Label: Storyville Films Catalog Number: 9039021 Recording: Studio Length: Format: CD. Dig-Deeper. Stomps, Rags & The Blues I Love To Sing (LP) Duke Ellington & His Orchestra. The Treasury Shows Vol. 25 (CD) Duke Ellington & His Orchestra. Live" At Ciros Los Angeles California 1947 (CD) Duke Ellington & His Orchestra. 24 (CD) Duke Ellington & His Orchestra. Volume 1: 1943 (LP) Duke Ellington & His Orchestra . 22 (CD) Duke Ellington. Charlie Parker & Arne Domnerus In Sweden: November 22, 1950 (CD) Charlie Parker. 21 (CD).
Duke Ellington and His Orchestra: 1928 (Classics). Complete Vol. 1: 1925–1928 (Columbia – France) (released 1973). Duke Ellington: The Beginning 1926–1928 (Decca Jazz Heritage Series). The Chronological Duke Ellington & His Orchestra 1927–1928 (Classics). The Chronological Duke Ellington & His Orchestra 1928 (Classics). The Treasury Shows 1943–1945 (13 double LPs) (. Duke's Joint (1943–1945) (Buddha). The Duke Ellington World Broadcasting Series (Circle). Duke Ellington Vol. 4: April 30, 1947. The Chronological Duke Ellington & His Orchestra 1946–47 (Classics). The Chronological Duke Ellington & His Orchestra 1947 (2 volumes) (Classics). Anatomy of a Murder (Columbia – soundtrack album). Live at the Blue Note (Roulette). Festival Session (Columbia).