She Makes War - Little Battles album flac
- Album: Little Battles
- FLAC: 1497 mb | MP3: 1521 mb
- Released: 2012
- Rating: 4.7/5
- Votes: 981
- Format: AHX AAC MP4 MPC MOD AC3 AU
|8||In This Boat||4:17|
|11||Done And Said||3:35|
|13||Out Of My Hands||3:01|
|14||Shields And Daggers||4:07|
- Manufactured By – Key Production
- Mastered At – 360 Mastering
- Produced At – Studio B
- Art Direction – Laura Kidd
- Design – Laura Kidd
- Drum Programming – Myles Clarke (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 8, 9)
- Drum Programming [Additional] – Myles Clarke (tracks: 7, 12)
- Harp – Kat Arney (tracks: 4, 7, 15)
- Illustration [Front Cover] – Marnie Pitts
- Lyrics By – Laura Kidd, Usuyak Bassey (tracks: 8)
- Mastered By – Dick Beetham
- Mixed By – Myles Clarke
- Music By – Laura Kidd
- Performer [All Instruments] – LK*
- Performer [Hula Hooping] – Julia Kidd (tracks: 13)
- Performer [Morse Code] – Myles Clarke (tracks: 1)
- Photography By – Laura Kidd
- Photography By [Back Cover] – Laura Ward
- Piano – Chris T-T (tracks: 8), Myles Clarke (tracks: 12)
- Producer – Laura Kidd, Myles Clarke
- Programmed By – LK*
- Recorded By – Myles Clarke
- Recorded By [Additional Vocal] – LK* (tracks: 8, 12, 14), Phil Tyreman (tracks: 7, 13, 14)
- Synthesizer [Monotron] – Anna Madeleine (tracks: 7)
- Violin – Milly McGregor (tracks: 4, 8)
- Vocals – Anna Madeleine (tracks: 7), Annie Gardiner (tracks: 7), Chris T-T (tracks: 8), Dana Jade (tracks: 7), Tasmin Archer (tracks: 7), Usuyak Bassey (tracks: 8)
NotesProduced at Studio B, London Fields
Mastered at Studio 360
Track 8 - Excerpt borrowed from "Rising Tide of the Disconnected" by Djevara
Gatefold card sleeve with 8 panel poster insert.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: [Key Production logo] www.keyproduction.co.uk KEY MBS001
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LP76
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 5H 42
Features Song Lyrics for She Makes War's Little Battles album.
Hear me and co-producer Myles Clarke talk about the songs - where they came from and how they were made.
My second album Little Battles was recorded in East London in summer 2011 and released on my own label My Big Sister Recordings the following year. Due to the generosity of Pledgers, I was able to spend 33 days in the studio (double what I could afford for Disarm ) and realise my dreams of creating a deeper, more layered album. The composition and tempestuous nature of Little Battles are what make this release interesting. Drawing from sobriety (‘Butterflies’), emotional disconnect (‘Delete’ and ‘Magpie Heart’) and brutally honest confession (‘In This Boat’), even at her most revealing Kidd is an empowering force to be reckoned with.
Laura Kidd, better known as She Makes War, is a singer-songwriter, record producer and t. Her fourth album, Brace For Impact, was released in October 2018. She has released three previous albums Disarm (2010), Little Battles (2012) and Direction Of Travel (2016). She Makes War's indie rock sound combines grungey riffs with orchestral soundscapes
Artist: She Makes War. Album: Little Battles. Format: MP3 320Kbps, FLAC.
The first She Makes War album, 2010's Disarm, established her trademark gloom pop sound, all flowing melodies and melancholic lyrics. She also displayed a literary bent in retelling the story of Daphne, Cupid and Apollo in ‘Olympian’. This was complemented by highly stylised videos, influenced by Michel Gondry, but with a quirky English sensibility. The follow-up, Little Battles, which was funded via Pledge Music, is out via her Bandcamp. Co-produced by Kidd and Myles Clarke, it extends her artistic reach to encompass ambient interludes among the more conventional pop sensibilities.
She Makes War's third album Direction Of Travel (The state51 Conspiracy, 8 April 2016) features guest appearances from Tanya Donelly and Mark Chadwick. Their sonic and thematic collisions - analogue with digital, war with peace, and technology with the natural world - are underpinned by Kidd’s bewitching, pastoral vocals and violent guitars, and.